Pancakes needn’t be about sugary fillings. If you’ve been busy growing all sorts of tasty vegetables, this Shrove Tuesday why not try some savoury fillings in your pancakes.
If you need a little inspiration, we’ve put together some alternative veg options you might want to try.
- Veggie-stuffed pancakes with Feta cheese sauce. For something that’s quick to prepare, try asparagus, sweetcorn and cherry tomatoes. Add the filling to the middle of the pancake, and top with the cheese sauce.
- Garlic, mushroom and Brie cheese. This is quick and easy to make, simply fry mushrooms, onion and garlic before stirring in the brie, and serving in or on your pancakes.
- Butternut squash and Stilton cheese. Try squash with crumbled Stilton baked in the oven until golden.
- Spinach and Ricotta. This is really quick to make. Mix spinach, ricotta and nutmeg together, add the filling to the middle of each pancake, and serve.
- Mushroom, tomato and chive. Cook the mushrooms and tomatoes in a little oil, spoon the mixture over your pancakes and garnish with chives.
You can try any combination of vegetables, so why not try a veg option using your own produce.